Thursday, June 10, 2010

On the road again

Home was nice, but lots of work and still more in store to make it look like we like to have it look.  Anyone know a good gardener???????????  We must find ways to make it easier, but the tulips, roses, iris and spring flowers were glorious, and we enjoyed each and every one.  Can’t give those up.  The lilacs need help, but didn’t get around to doing that – cant give up on them yet.  Sunflowers are popping up all over thanks to our bird feeding stations.  There will be a few gigantic mammoth sunflowers which were about 3 feet tall when we left.  They will be over 6 feet tall, and the flower maybe 2 feet across, if they get enough water.  The birds love them, but they take some special planting and watering to get the full effect.  Kind of like me.  I need some special planting and feeding to be very effective in  my life, and I seem to have been missing that lately. 

I did read a James Twyman book called “Barn Dance” which was good food for thought.  But when I got to the point of the whole thing, and after shedding some tears along the way, I thought “duhhh  you dummy.  What did you think it was all about???”He will be at out little church when we get back to town, and I will be glad to meet him.  but I won’t say that to him.  He has written some very inspiring and mystical books, and had some great experiences along his path.  More power to him.

This rally doesn't really start till Mon, so I have some days to re-collect myself here. I have to direct the creation of 25 centerpieces on Sunday which will probably take a few trips to Wal-Mart – always not far away.  The hummingbird show which so entertained us in Gunnison is not likely here.  The robins are most prevalent, and enjoying their worms in great abundance.  Still they fight over them.  As I sit here I look out the window at the pool and hot tub, but not sure I have the energy to walk over there as pleasant as it may be.  The wind has come up – portent of what is to come as if the feeling in my hips and David’s big toe weren’t enough warning.  He is enduring a gout attack – I assume that is what it is.  Feels so good in the mornings, then by evening it is very painful.  Makes us lazy in the evenings, but we do manage to take in Jay Leno and his ramblings.  Wonder if the CEO at BP listens to it??????

Well we aren’t far from home, and will enjoy this city of tourism.  Hope to see old friends here, go up the Pikes Peak cog to the top of the world, enjoy an old western dinner-show, maybe see the zoo at the BROaDMORE HOTEL, and watch the ice skaters practice at the new world class rink.   Generally be a tourist and eat, and pester the locals.  Wonder what the rich people are doing????????

Stay in touch. 

PS  I forgot to tell you my “It’s a small world” story.  Last week we sold our little pop up camper.  Our life style with the new coach just doesn’t leave much room for the inspiration to go camping in a pop up.  Getting old and lazy I guess.  Anyhow David posted it on Craigs list and it sold in three or four days, to a young family with small children.  They were delighted and they also got a good deal as David put in a lot of work to make sure  everything worked perfectly.  The hail damage on the roof, was identifying, but didn’t interfere with function.  And we got $100 bills, cash.  So today we arrive at the camp ground in Co Springs, and as I was walking the area, 3 spaces away was the familiar license plate and pock marks of hail damage.  Our sold pop up 3 spaces away.  The children were having a ball, and loved it.  So it found a better home. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I especially liked the pop-up story :).